had a problem with a virus in my pc lately.. got infected by this virus that gives this error
"VBS:Malware [Gen]" has been found in "C:\DOCUME~1\Roguemei\LOCALS~1\Temp\1.reg"
found this solution to combat this virus..
Download http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/R...ools/SDFix.exe and save it to your Desktop.
Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
· Restart your computer
· After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
· Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
· Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
· Choose your usual account.
· Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
· Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
· It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
· Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
· When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
· Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
· Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum
Download Superantispyware (SAS) free home version
Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
· It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
· Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
· Click the Scanning Control tab.
· Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
o Close browsers before scanning
o Scan for tracking cookies
o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others as they were.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
· On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
· On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
· On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
· Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
· After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
· Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
· It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
· To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
· Click close and close again to exit the program.